I have my favourite go to recipe for my vanilla cupckes so it was exciting to try out somebody else's.
|The mystery parcel|
|My box of ingredients and the Raspberry & white chocolate recipe challenge.|
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
Method: (makes 24 - 36 depending on the size of your cupcakes)
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Separate eggs so that egg whites are in a separate bowl. Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff (where you can hold the bowl upside down without the whites running out). Set aside.
- Melt the Stork Bake and mix remainder of the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Once it is mixed fold the mixture slowly in to the stiff egg whites. Do not over mix.
- Bake at 180ºC for approximately 15 - 18mins.
White Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt 500grams of white chocolate in a bowl until just soft set aside to cool but still be melted. Add 250 grams of Stork Bake and mix with mixer.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, spread the White Chocolate Ganache on the cupcakes.
- Put 500g of Stork Bake and 1 kg of icing sugar into a mixer and beat until mixed.
- Add 400g of fresh raspberries and mix in.
- Pipe the
buttercream onto cupcakes and decorate.
As far as baking goes, I have always favoured quick and easy recipes over recipes that requires hours in the kitchen. This one unfortunately does require some extra time, whisking the egg whites and making the ganache, and the end result is just as good as cupcakes made the easy way.
I took these to a family lunch today and they went down a treat, but for me personally, the sweetness level is very high so I do prefer a cream cheese frosting.
But they sure do look pretty...
*UPDATE: Brought a few of these cuties to work this morning and they were received with cheers and lip smacking. (so it is only me that prefers the less sweet options)