Wednesday 24 October 2012

Floral Fetish Nailed





Am I taking my floral fetish too far? Dresses, skirts, in my hair and now on my nails too! But personally, if I may say so myself, I am in love with this mani! It reminds me of Cath Kidston designs and having Cath Kidston nails makes me happy.

These nails weren’t too hard to do, but they do take patience and time, but it is so worth it!

What you need:
  • A base colour (I chose a soft blue - Mavala Lagoon) but you could even use a creamy beige.
  • Your flower base  (I used a bright pink – Essie Lovie Dovie )
  • Your flower detailing ( I used a darker pink  - Mavala La Paz)
  • Green for the leaves ( I used a woollies olive-y type green)
  • Top coat and base coat (as always)



After applying your base coat, apply your base colour. I apply two coats so that it is fully opaque.


Once the base colour is dry, create the base of the flowers. These are not meant to be perfect circles so no need for other tools, the little brush in the nail polish is perfect. Just dab onto your nails creating messy little spots.


Once these are dry, using a toothpick dipped into your darker colour draw little squiggles on your roses. These create the petals and define the rose. I sort of outlined areas of the rose and brought them in making a 'c' shape of sorts. Play around and see what looks best on your nail and your lighter pink spot.


Lastly, you need to add the leaves. Do not leave (hehe) these off. They really bring the final look together. Two little green triangular-ish shapes complete your little rose.

As you go from step to step the flowers won’t really look good. You may think it is looking messy but once every step is complete they really come together to look gorgeous. Up until I had completed the last leaf The Boyfriend was not entirely convinced either, but as a final picture you’ll see the effort is so worth it.


Helpful Hint: I read that sometimes it is easier to try do the splodges on your left hand using an earbud as it is easier to control. I however managed with the nail polish brush so didn’t use them, but if you’re struggling keep one close for just in case…


3 comments:

  1. love print my nail....this are very nice!
    what are think about my blog?Take a look here https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pie-Hole/340193896063820 or here:http://s-thepiehole.blogspot.it/ and if you like it,follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. francesca romana capizzi25 October 2012 at 08:23

    Amazing nail art!! I love it!!
    Don't Call
    Me Fashion Blogger


    Facebook

    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cousin,

    I have just discovered your blog and I love it!
    Oh by the way your floral nails look awesome! will try it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete